Usha Martin Ranchi Facility is one of the world’s largest wire rope manufacturing facility under one roof. Spread across an area of more than 100 acres, Usha Martin Ranchi facility employs more than 1,700 people. This is the first facility established by Usha Martin since its inception in 1961.
Wire rods from Usha Martin’s steel plant at Jamshedpur provide a main and stable supply of input material for this plant. Wire rods are processed through modern pickling facilities, patenting & galvanising facilities, wire drawing facilities, and strand & rope making facilities to produce wires, strands, and wire ropes for multiple applications. In addition, this unit also has bright bar manufacturing facilities.
The wire ropes produced in this plant find application in Oil & Offshore, Mining, Crane, Elevator, Aerial Ropeway, and Bridges all over the world. The in-house rope designing and testing capabilities facilitate fast development of new types of ropes. It also has a modern Machinery division which produces machines for Usha Martin and other customers.
This plant is certified with ABS Manufacturing Certification, ABS Certificate for design assessment, API Certificate, DNV Certificate, ISO 9001 – 2008 (ANAB, UKAS), ISO 14001, Lloyd’s Certificate, NABL Certificate for Mechanical Test, and NABL Certificate for Chemical Test.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES OFFERED
- Wire Rope
- Conveyor Cord
- Bright Bar
- Pre-Stressing Products
- Oil Tempered Wire
KEY TESTING / QUALITY ASSURANCE FACILITIES
- Usha Martin has an elaborate testing infrastructure to ensure that only the material meeting the stringent quality norms enter the next process. The processes are well documented and controlled according to the ISO Quality System.
- Our Testing facilities have been approved by Llyods Register and American Bureau of Shipping.
- Wire Testing, using state-of-the-art tensile testing machines having autograph (capacity 100 kN) facility to plot the stress-strain curve
- LRPC Testing
- Tensile Testing Machine with 600 kN Capacity
- Relaxation Testing Machine with 400 kN Capacity
- Rope Testing: with 100 MT and 800 MT testing machines. Along with break load testing, stretch and modulus can also be determined.
- Fatigue Testing using twin ‘reverse bend’ fatigue testing machines which enable us to do comparative fatigue evaluation on sampling basis.